Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as some of you might know I am completely redoing my front and rear suspension. I got the rear all squared away nice and pretty. Get to the front and the damn Spindle wont fit on the lower ball joint! I ordered the correct moog part # so I don't know if maybe the spindles came off a different truck or something. Everything was such rusted crap that I no longer have the old ball joints to compare. Any suggestions? :mad::mad::mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do y'all know if the drill bit is called anything special and a location of where I could get one? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem is as follows. As this being my first time with this truck I did the noob thing and did no research on it and the spindles are from a 76 c10. Well, I think they are. I looked at a tie rod and found a number on the boot, typed it into google and it came up with it being a 76' gm part #. That lead me to believe that these were original. And assuming here that they just took the spindles, steering linkage and tie rods as a whole (why wouldn't they if they were converting it over to disc) . My local junkyard has a 77' c10 in their lot and I was thinking about grabbing those (26$/each) since I know what those are.

If that's the case, should everything else should line up right?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
found castings on the spindles and when i type them into google i get nothing but camaro and nova results. so now i am on the prowl for something i can use.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
You can use `73 to `87 spindles, you will have to use `73 to `87 ball joints, all should bolt up then, if you use the `73 to 87 steering link enlarge the holes in the frame for the new larger size bolts...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts