Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I refuse to let anybody change the oil on my vehicles, other than myself... which got me to wondering:

How many other folks still change their own oil nowadays?

I usually put the vehicles up on my 2 post lift... and the oil change is enjoyable.

Not so much this time: We moved earlier this year & my barn isn't done yet. The attached garage is full (of stuff that goes into the barn). So I changed the oil in the two daily drivers in our gravel driveway, using wooden ramps, surrounded by snow.

I admit that the experience took me back. Last time I was doing maintenance on a vehicle in the winter, on my back, in a driveway, was 1978.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Four vehicles get their oil changed by me, taught my daughter and son when they were learning to drive, they still change their own now in their thirties, they heard the horror stories over the years they are happy they are changing their own..

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Been changing oil in my cars and trucks for over 50 years. Do not trust the quicky places. Had one tell me (while out of town) that the differential oil was bad he showed me a sample. I had done that just before we left. When we got back I checked all was fine. John I use my hoist now but didn't get it till 3 years ago.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Had the oil changed one time in my life, that was during back surgery, wife came home with the jeep and told me that they had said we needed a new rear axle plug, ( rubber ) $ 20.00 plus install, she declined good girl, when my back somewhat healed I slid under and popped it out, cleaned the dirt off of it, it never leaked...just another scam....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts