Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to the air bag arena and slamming a vehicle but wondered if somebody could provide some guidance for what I have going on. So I have a 64 LWB C10 on 22" transit wheels, 2" drop spindles with air bags installed. Purchased this way as a project under construction. Want the truck to sit lower and was thinking about cupping the lower control arms and adding a small notch to the rear frame. I'm thinking the small notch in the rear is not enough and I will have to go bigger if I cup the front? If correct, how big of a notch? It doesn't have to lay the frame, but I do want it lower than it is. Any guidance would be helpful to avoid extra work.
Also looking for best and most budget oriented power steering box for my truck. 69-87 steering box, correct?

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum first of all…great project, but looking at the height that it is at now I`m thinking you might be at your limit as far as the left a`arm is concerned, some guys have done some minor notching which we do not recommend, the correct way would be to change out the entire front suspension to a porter built….see images, below this is dangerous...

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks guys for the addition, glad to be in the C10 family. Actually my dad has a 64 swb and my uncle a 65 lwb so we have a little club of our own going on.

As far as the notch goes, it's a cruiser truck and won't be used for day to day things such as hauling or towing. Don't have the funds for a PB crossmember, but that doesn't mean I can't save up. It's just all torn apart at the moment and would be easier to make any modifications. It sits pretty low right now and I can certainly live with it the way it is.

Thanks for the information it's much appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts