·
Super Moderator
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Sky Vehicle

Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Car

With more and more manufacturers planning moves to an all-electric lineup, the days of the gasoline engine seem numbered. But that doesn't mean the classics we know and love are going to disappear — if anything, they'll get a new lease on life and a big power boost to go along with it. Chevrolet's E-10 concept truck takes a 1962 C-10 pickup and packs it with a 450 horsepower electric drivetrain and matching modern restoration. Chevrolet's Bolt EV provides the electronics and battery packs, and two off-the-shelf performance motors make the power. The motors drive the rear wheels via a conventional automatic transmission. The batteries are mounted in the bed under a side-hinged hardcover, and the updated looks are as fresh as the internals. Touches like an light-up bowtie emblem and LED lights add subtle enhancements to the custom theme. The E-10 won't ever enter production, but it shows what's possible for the vintage cars and trucks we love.

·
Registered
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
265 Posts
These guys already did it..twin tesla motors..

·
Registered
40 Posts
No way. It would be a crime to loose the sound of a SBC, LS, or the wine of a supercharged LT4.

Sure guys will do it and I won't be surprised if SEMA builds start showing up with them.

I was at Roadster Shop and they had an all electric Ford platform they are working on to create a full Chassis setup for most Ford classics.

It was top secret, but now you all know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not how I would do it, myself. There's no need for the transmission. Mounting the motors in the back would simplify the mechanicals. It would also free up space in the front for at least some of the batteries, and thus making the bed a bit more functional.

·
Registered
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
265 Posts
No way. It would be a crime to loose the sound of a SBC, LS, or the wine of a supercharged LT4.

Sure guys will do it and I won't be surprised if SEMA builds start showing up with them.

I was at Roadster Shop and they had an all electric Ford platform they are working on to create a full Chassis setup for most Ford classics.

It was top secret, but now you all know.
I agree with you but it's coming..Bob Tasca ran exhibition run in the Mustang Cobrajet 1400...8.12 @ 171mph. Pretty amazing considering in early 90s I saw an electric Mazda at the drag strip that was fastest at the time, run the 1/4 mile @ 89mph.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts