Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now starting to rebuild my front end on my 72, I should have taken more pics as I was removing parts, does anyone know what this goes to, I believe that it is part of my center link but not sure.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
You are correct and yes the Zerk fittings are replaceable..

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Yes, flip the other end around, your tie rod ends and adjusters screw on the ends, the pitman arm bolts down to the center knuckle..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, thanks, I was having trouble finding a diagram that has that, they all look like a solid one with a down angle on each end.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Cool, thanks, I was having trouble finding a diagram that has that, they all look like a solid one with a down angle on each end.
We`ve all been there, sometimes you think you have all the pics in the world and just when you need to refresh your memory the image of the part is not quite in the pic and its frustrating...anim_63

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so this is what I have, are you saying that the adjuster sleeve ties into the ends of the center link? Not sure how without loosing the inner tie rod ends. I am sure I am missing something, because when I removed the old tie rods there was an inner and outer one.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That looks like a solid center link bar, mine is jointed and threaded at each end, I already have the pitman arm installed on the frame. The pics do help though, thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe that I figured out the problem, I grabbed the wrong part when I was retrieving my parts from my friend's place, he said that he was working on someone else's truck and changed out the center ling on his, I believe that he still has my original center link, thanks to the pics that you posted, it helped us figure it out.beer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts