Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, So I haven't done much to Mable (1966 c10 long bed project I've just begun for those who haven't seen my welcome page.)

I am currently keeping the project to the side due to really wanting to participate in our local Labor Day car show we visit every year and I've always been the one with out a car. So I'm just doing the bare bones to get me there and back before I started ripping things apart. As it sits I just need to 1 get new tires and 2 either replace the carb or rebuild it. Thinking of rebuilding it but then again why spend the money to rebuild when I could just use that money towards something more performance. I have the stock 292 in it and stock intake with the single barrel carb. What's people's thoughts on rebuilding vs something else out there. Been a Holley fan and don't know much about Weber. What do you guys think to get me rolling decently with some performance?!!

Thanks guys in advanced!

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I have seen guys use the weber, and if I remember correctly they ended up changing out the jets for the next size smaller. Throttle response was better, but no horse power increase, the 292 chevy sixes were a torque motor, 147 horse at 3500 rpm, and that is about redline for those motors, 280 lbs of torque. Now with that being said you can build one to run about 300 horse but you`re looking at selling your first born to achieve it. If your going to keep the six, just do a general rebuild, use the weber, there`s not a whole lot you can do with the six. If you`re looking for performance get a V8.......just my opinion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks rich! I was planning to do what I can to help give the 292 some more push. But sounds like Id be heading into a not so wallet friendly build. I'll look into some Webers. Thanks for the help! I will eventually put a small block in it. Just rather get the rest of the truck in solid condition first.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks bama. I actually decided to just throw the small block I have in. Taking Richs advice. The more I dig deep I realize the cost of simple performance parts are insane. And in the end it still won't give me what I'm looking for. So pumped to get that thing installed. Just need to find myself some headers for the small block!

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Thanks bama. I actually decided to just throw the small block I have in. Taking Richs advice. The more I dig deep I realize the cost of simple performance parts are insane. And in the end it still won't give me what I'm looking for. So pumped to get that thing installed. Just need to find myself some headers for the small block!
Hedder selection get any hedder ( preferably name brand not Chinese knock off) from source for a first generation small block camaro with a manual trans, it will fit....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks rich! I didn't know that will fit. I've been searching and searching for all the information I can find (I like to find out all my options before totally jumping on board) and never came across that bit!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts