Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

Cannot find the right condenser for A/C

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Blue Goose 
#1 ·
1982 Silverado 305/700R4 Factory air truck.

We bought this truck 2 years ago out of a back yard not running, but complete under the hood (down to every vacuum hose). We decided to re-do the A/C system this spring so we went out and bought all the factory replacement components, as well as all the R134 o rings and fittings. Everything was readily available accept the charge hose from the condenser to the accumulator (where the orifice valve is). I had that line made at a local hydraulic shop. Everything fits great until we get to the condenser and the hard lines are in the wrong place. They are at the bottom on the drivers side vs at the top. I assumed we got the wrong one. Over the next couple weeks I got to every auto parts store with no luck. They all have the same one LMC shows what we have but it out of stock. I cant even find a photo of the one we have in the truck online. I'm about sure its original as all the hardware and brackets looked like they had never been out. Are we missing something? If I somehow got this new one to fit, then the lines wouldn't reach.....

Thoughts?

#2 ·
Reactions: jwko
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.