Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!!!!

I have a 92 Chevy 4x4 1ton with a TBI 454 in it.

The typical oil cooling lines were starting to weep oil, so i ordered a new set. Par for the course, the lines i received from Napa, do not work. One of the flare nuts that thread into the radiator is the wrong size, and with the 3" body lift, the line that goes to the upper fitting in the radiator is to short to reach.

I know you can delete the oil cooler lines on small blocks that go into the oil filter adapter buy purchasing a older style adapter, but on this 454, the lines actually go into the bottom of the block next to the oil filter.

The last thing i want to do is plug of the ports in the block if they have to make a continues circuit to keep from feeding the lower end of the motor.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
No answer from me all the big blocks I've had (4 ---454) you just removed the oil cooler
adapter and used the spin on filter. Good luck. Maybe just put in a short tube between the two ports??

·
Registered
28 Posts
No answer from me all the big blocks I've had (4 ---454) you just removed the oil cooler
adapter and used the spin on filter. Good luck. Maybe just put in a short tube between the two ports??
no sure about the 454 however i had a 350 out of a 94 C1500 and it did not have the oil cooler lines like my 89 did, the oil cooler lines attach to an adapter if you remove the adapter two 5mm bolts the oil filter should just screw directly on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts