Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Chevy C10 Custom
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve ordered 2 hoses so far and neither are correct. They appear to be for water outlets that are close to 90 degrees off of the engine and mine requires straight up. If that makes sense.
This is not my engine but is what I need and I don’t want to use a flex hose. Any help with vendor, part number, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
4D4C7072-AC4E-4A81-AB49-86588435B9A1.jpeg

·
Registered
1966 Chevy C10 Panel
9 Posts
I'm replacing my current therm housings (upper and lower) and have a near 90 upper available, that would fit your engine and your hose. Yours for the cost of shipping if you want it?

·
Registered
1965 Chevy C10 Custom
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm replacing my current therm housings (upper and lower) and have a near 90 upper available, that would fit your engine and your hose. Yours for the cost of shipping if you want it?
Thanks for the reply! I’ve since discovered that my c10 has a Frigikar a/c installed. So, I think that why I can’t find the correct hose. Would you mind sending some pics of the hose?

·
Registered
1966 Chevy C10 Panel
9 Posts
Here's the fitting installed on my 6...although it is now drilled and tapped up top for a 3/8 NPT fitting (or plug)...I cracked the lower housing while tapping it so both are going to be replaced.

DualFansInstalled.jpg

·
Registered
1965 Chevy C10 Custom
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for sending the pic. I think that I have found a solution between a new thermostat housing and a hose that I’ve already purchased. Good luck with your build and thanks again for offering to help. I was beginning to think that my post was invisible!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts