Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a recently purchased 1965 C20 with power drums. Plan to rebuild soon, but would ultimately like to upgrade to front discs if possible. New to this, but willing and interested in learning. Is there a donor swap for a 3/4 ton available that anyone knows of? I am interested in keeping the 8 lugs if possible.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I have a recently purchased 1965 C20 with power drums. Plan to rebuild soon, but would ultimately like to upgrade to front discs if possible. New to this, but willing and interested in learning. Is there a donor swap for a 3/4 ton available that anyone knows of? I am interested in keeping the 8 lugs if possible.
If you can find the donor animal, any 76 to 87 C20/30 with eight lug wheels use the entire front crossmember with suspension and brakes as a unit, you`ll also need to use the master/booster and prop valve. Your original wheels will not clear the calipers, you`ll need to use the late model wheels...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you can find the donor animal, any 76 to 87 C20/30 with eight lug wheels use the entire front crossmember with suspension and brakes as a unit, you`ll also need to use the master/booster and prop valve. Your original wheels will not clear the calipers, you`ll need to use the late model wheels...
@406Rich, thanks for the great info and quick reply. I have aftermarket 8 lug American Racing wheels on my C20. Would they work do you think, or would I still need different wheels?

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
In all honesty can`t answer that question, sorry...!

·
Registered
8 Posts
@406Rich, thanks for the great info and quick reply. I have aftermarket 8 lug American Racing wheels on my C20. Would they work do you think, or would I still need different wheels?
If they are newer wheels they should fit. If you know anyone with a later model truck you could try them on that truck to find out.
I know you will need then entire front cross member for the swap as the later model trucks lower control arms bolt up differently. Rich Knows Greg AKA Hilndr I helped him do his swap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts