Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
In the process of getting a C10 build started. I’m getting a ‘71 shortbed from one of my family members and the truck is currently just a roller and has been sitting for a few years (it used to be my grandpas daily until it broke down and he never fixed it and now it needs a full restoration inside and out) so now I’m taking it on to to return it to its former glory and more. After doing some research and talking to some Chevy fans I know, I was recommended to do an LS3, 6L80-E combo. Seems easy enough, just gonna take some time because of price. But mostly I’m just wondering what other stuff pairs well with this setup? Like what axles and other specifics will I need that can handle the power and still be able to function as more than just a Sunday car? And how much money realistically would a build like this cost overall? I know if I buy the LS3 crate motor and the 6L80-E from Chevy Performance that’s gonna cost around $10k alone before I even get into suspension, body work, etc... but how much more should be expected? Not looking to build a crazy track car or anything, more of a stock look on the outside with a lot more performance than the original motor/tranny that was in it before it got parked and left to rot. Basically everything is going to need replaced, if any of it is even salvageable at this point. Thanks in advance for all the help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts