Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I’m just starting this build . My dads ideal is a 327 and automatic . I’d like to beef up the engine and looking for suggestions . I want to go with a modern engine to get more torque and HP. I’ve heard of some people doing a LS swap. If I go with a modern engine what options do I have ? How much modification am I looking at ?

1966 C10

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would at least go with a roller small block chevy engine, it eliminates the worry of wiping out a camshaft with today's zinkless engine oils.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
What does the truck have in it now..is the first question?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was lookin to go with a modern engine engine . Was looking at maybe either a built 350 or maybe even a big block 427

·
Registered
129 Posts
A Gen II 5.7 Vortec with TBI would probably be the cheapest and easiest, since they are readily available used. The big block (any variation) would probably be the costliest and most difficult.

·
Registered
25 Posts
check the cam journal, 327s had 2 different cam journal sizes if your engine has the large journal you can generally make it a 350 pretty easy with little money, however if you have a small journal it will remain a 327 unless it is bored or stroked...just a thought on the money side of it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts