Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up truckers??

It looks like I'll have to switch to buckets when I do my T5 tranny conversion.

Which year and which vehicles would have the seats to behoove give me the easiest, seamless switch? Are there any that would just bolt right up?

Best,

66 Jimmy

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I have said this before If you use a T5 from a 90 91 92 Chevy /GMC TRUCK the bell housing and trans are one piece. AND the bell housing matches the bolt pateren of the back of a Chevy engine.... I know this because I have one from a 92 Chevy truck and I am using a bench seat in my 72. If you get the ones from cars you will have to use buckets, and you will have to drill new mounting holes and reinforce the floor under the bolts. As you can see bench seat and T5

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have said this before If you use a T5 from a 90 91 92 Chevy /GMC TRUCK the bell housing and trans are one piece. AND the bell housing matches the bolt pateren of the back of a Chevy engine.... I know this because I have one from a 92 Chevy truck and I am using a bench seat in my 72. If you get the ones from cars you will have to use buckets, and you will have to drill new mounting holes and reinforce the floor under the bolts. As you can see bench seat and T5
Thank you, Charlie. I guess I should have been more clear. I'm not asking about the transmission here. I am asking for some advice and recommendations for bucket seats that would fit my 1966 GMC truck.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I used `05 Silverado buckets in mine, although not running a manual, I have the integrated seat belts, as soon as I remove the tank I`ll put in the consul/jump seat...you`ll need to drill new holes or use 1x1 rectangular steel tubing to build a lower frame to utilize the original bolt holes...I did the prior. Don`t think there is a bench that will clear the shifter, unless you have that seat modified by cutting a notch in the frame and weld in a new front frame and reupholster it..this is in a toyota....

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum Larry...you should have first posted in the new members section... sign0016

·
Registered
27 Posts
jump seat

I used `05 Silverado buckets in mine, although not running a manual, I have the integrated seat belts, as soon as I remove the tank I`ll put in the consul/jump seat...you`ll need to drill new holes or use 1x1 rectangular steel tubing to build a lower frame to utilize the original bolt holes...I did the prior. Don`t think there is a bench that will clear the shifter, unless you have that seat modified by cutting a notch in the frame and weld in a new front frame and reupholster it..this is in a toyota....
Rich I read that you would be installing a center jump seat in your ride. I have one you could have if you are looking for one. It is out of a 2016 Honda Odyssey and is grey leather. I used the seats as they are extremely comfortable and look pretty good in there. At any rate if you're interested its just sitting in my parts room.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you, Charlie. I guess I should have been more clear. I'm not asking about the transmission here. I am asking for some advice and recommendations for bucket seats that would fit my 1966 GMC truck.
I installed bucket seats in my 65 that are out of a 2016 Honda Odyssey second row seating. They are very comfortable and look quite at home in the truck. I found them online for about the same price as it would have been to have my bench seat reupholstered. I had to make the brackets for them but that was easy. If you're interested I can get you more details and some pics of them installed. just PM me ore respond to this post.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Rich I read that you would be installing a center jump seat in your ride. I have one you could have if you are looking for one. It is out of a 2016 Honda Odyssey and is grey leather. I used the seats as they are extremely comfortable and look pretty good in there. At any rate if you're interested its just sitting in my parts room.
Hey thanks for the offer wingnut but I have the 05 Silverado jump seat to install ...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Highback buckets won't work very well at all. The top of the seats hit the back wall of the truck and that means the seats have to move forward... you loose valuable leg room.

I used Procar low back buckets, bought them from Summit. Then added a 1970's Blazer console which fit great between the new bucket seats.

Of course they were to low, so I needed to build some seat risers. Details are in my build thread link below

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts