Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1965 Chevy C10 and am converting to front Disc brakes and drop spindles Saturday. I could use help as to what tools I may need to how to start.. Videos maybe? Any help please. I am not super mechanical (yet)... :) Scott in Savannah Georgia

beer

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Scott, in order to convert to disc is simple, you will need to change spindles, master cylinder, best bet is to buy one the disc brake kits that are sold by the vendors..most people here can walk you thru it..sign0016
Another note I need to add is now is the time to make some decisions, are you staying with six lug or changing to five lug, stock wheels will not clear disc rotors/calipers, are you going to lower the truck, ( drop spindles) if so how much if more than 3 inch you cannot run wide rims in the front unless you buy the modular spindles they only move the wheel track out 1/8 of an inch out, the standard spindles move the wheel track out 3/4 of an inch but into the fender if lower than 3 inch drop..not to confuse you just a few things to consider or are you buying a donor front suspension from a `73 to `87 C10 complete front crossmember will bolt in that has disc brakes already...?

·
Registered
800 Posts
I like the idea of using the later donor crossmember assemblies.If you hunt around you might find one with good usable parts like the rotors,bearings ,etc.I would also be looking for the ones with the thicker rotors.The should be abundant in the salvage yards.If you decide on using the 3 inch drop spindles,pm me and I will tell you my experience with them.
Good luck with your project

1 - 4 of 4 Posts