Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Thanks for reading this and I appreciate any help in advance. My brake system is having issues it seems. Obviously as you can see in the picture, the brake master cylinder is leaking.

I was toying with the idea of replacing the booster and master cylinder but with the painted firewall, I don’t want to mess that up with having a different bracket, etc. I can’t tell who made the booster and I believe it is functioning (and appears to be a large dual diaphragm - maybe I’m wrong?) so…..Therefore, I’m now thinking of just adding a new master cylinder Willwood with proportioning valve) and using the existing booster and see what happens as boosters typically last a long time. I believe the current booster was installed in 1996.

What say ye?
1. Replace the booster and master cylinder and deal with the painted firewall later…
Or
2. Replace just the master cylinder and keep the existing booster to see if that fixes all
I greatly appreciate it.

Brad

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
1972 C10 Stepside
14 Posts
Your booster is not going to come with a new bracket unless you actually put forth the extra expense to pay for one.
Go under your dash unclip your pin and take the booster shaft loose unbolt the 4 bolts attaching the bracket to the
back of the booster and remove as one unit. If not the same thing just take off the master cylinder first and put back
in the same manner never touching the fire wall or paint.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts