Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sheet Metal Junkie
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
For the longest time I've needed to build a table for my bead roller, so I didn't have to rely on someone holding up the panel I may be working on so it don't sag as I'm beading or shaping.
So I mounted it to my bench, and started building my table. A table is super handy, but at times it may get in the way. So here is what I'm came up with ! !

I made it large enough so I could lay a larger panel on it and concentrate on the die instead of watching the panel that it don't sag and deform as I'm rolling it threw any particular die set.
How ever there are times I need to shape a panel as I'm rolling and I will cause down pressure, and the table will get in the way. So here was my quick cure ! !

I'm still going to make a quick prop for it, as its on hinges. This makes it so I can change dies, and it will quick detach so I can remove it all together.

This makes it nice also for small panels so you don't have to constantly grip on the metal and you can move a with a bit more freedom.

·
Sheet Metal Junkie
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys
I made a light offset in some tubs I'm building in a 55 and the table helped quite a bit but I still had to chock up further out the bench, but they were quite long at 40 inches. And I'm also thinking I may be replacing my foot feed pedal, as its getting a bit sloppy and give me a slow response, and then a quick excel, which keeps me on my toes.... :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do you normally have a standard pattern in mind for most parts or does the theme of the vehicle determine what pattern ends up being?

Theme meaning, street car, race car, even how the parts are cut / laid out.

Or just for the stiffness of the individual parts and just keeping a clean pattern.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts