Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1966 Chevy C10 Panel
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning! FNG here from Oakland, CA. I picked up a ratty old 66 Panel Truck a couple days ago, been wanting one of these forever...my Toyota Tacoma 4x4 was stolen end of Feb and I need a truck (you know how that goes) so started looking for a replacement pickup and then stumbled onto the panel 10 miles from my work. She starts right up, drives well and stops, so I’m pretty happy with that as a starting point! Has a 230 straight 6 coupled to a 350 Turbo Automatic and a funky B&M Slapstick shifter (wouldn’t have been my choice, but it works for now.) She’s a pretty cold blooded but runs strong once warmed up. It’s a Flintsone mobile, I have a good view of the road...but I’m ok with welding in more steel where needed.

I was referred here by my pal Farmer Rob who has a 66 Fleetside...don’t hold that against me. ;)

Cheers,
-Duane.

·
Registered
1966 Chevy C10 Panel
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I attempted to post this 3 days ago, but still [ Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly. ]

Then lights are on but nobody's home. Sad.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome neighbor! That’s a great work truck. I’m in Sunol so not far away. My truck is not in as prime condition as yours! ‘64 C10 Fleetside LWB usually in some form of repair. Right now needs a fuel pump. My advice make sure you have some theft deterrent in place, that is a desirable truck esp if you have it full of tools. (Don’t worry about me I have enough projects haha)

·
Registered
1966 Chevy C10 Panel
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Pick121! I wasn't sure anyone was using this board anymore.
Thanks for the tip! I already rigged up a couple ghetto deterrents for now...and my girl is so cold blooded, unless they jump in right after I parked it, nobody is going to be driving off fast anyway. Have a few other things planned, waiting on parts to land. Tools? I never leave anything in my vehicles that I really want to keep.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok nvm the advice...I just realized you already had a truck stolen so you don’t need to hear it from me!

·
Registered
1966 Chevy C10 Panel
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's always good to hear...some days we think it and then, nah, shouldn't be a problem...that's when it bites ya! I thought I had ugly on my side with the Tacoma, who would steal that old beater? Well, somebody thought it would be fun. Lucky for me, I got it back with no real damage, not stripped, not shit in, no needles, I drove it out of impound. Was a good day. I can assure you, this will not happen again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts