Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed an eye opening trend here lately, stopped by a local cruise night on the way home, there are always at least one slammed truck there, there was two, one was an eighties, one was a sixty nine, the latter one I knew and talked with him, he said that it was time to sell, I can`t haul anything, the eighties rig same issue...when I arrived home I got on CL had noted there were 27 bagged or slammed trucks that were for sale, some of the ads had been on CL for more that a year, most of them cannot carry anything, soon there will be a flood of truck parts or companies selling frame repair kits, these early trucks are going to get expensive real quick for parts, not that they already aren`t, I would think that the slammed market would be slowing soon. beer

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Slamed trucks are cool to look at but dysfunctional. I have never owned a truck with out a bed that I could haul things in. Although some people own them just to say they have a truck.(Urban cowboys) To me I like good looking trucks but use them for what they are intended.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is lowered slightly 3/4 drop, I wouldn`t do any lower because I still use mine as a truck, and a cruiser, we just did a 140 drive thru the foothills, pretty in fall, but with as many that are out there, most I`ve seen ( butchered ) into submission, I would expect to see a lot of part trucks comming into play in the near future if not already because nobody will buy. With mine they would just have to change springs to return the stock height.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine's lowered a little, but it's still functional. I tow with it, I haul firewood and gravel in it.........it's still a truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts