Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new here and working with a friend on his 66 C10, very nice original paint AZ truck. We're rewiring it and It has a factory 4-speed. Can't figure out where the Backup light switch would be, I'm thinking it would have to be on the transmission somewhere, any thoughts?:confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
If it's the Saginaw 4speed, it should be on the driverside of the trans, just behind the side cover and facing rearward. I was told the Muncie has the switch on the rear of the unit.
Let me know how you're thinking of getting the wires in the cab. I'm also wanting to wire up the backup light on this 4speed Saginaw. When this truck was converted from 3 on the tree to 4 on the floor, no one thought or cared to add wire to allow the reverse lights to work.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My 66 has the switch on the bottom of the shifter in the cab. When you put it in reverse, there is a tab that pushed down on the switch. I have not been successful at adjusting it properly yet, but there are two wires out of that switch. Its the only thing it can be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts