Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to autozone (first mistake) asked for a short water pump for a first gen small block chevy, course they needed a year so I told them 1964, ( second mistake ) it took them forever to look on their computer ."..the answer I got was ....oh that's a special high performance pump, we'll have to order it, cost was $123.00, are they really that screwed up....went over to Oreilys on the shelf $ 52.00 .......and 8 was done.......

Attachments

·
Registered
793 Posts
Here's a 100% true story,no exaggeration what so ever.I was tuning a Chevy TBI truck,it was late in the day,and as luck would have it I cracked a plug.Dammit,oh well Autozone just a couple of blocks away,right.I go in and tell the counter guy I need an AC Delco R43CTS spark plug.His response was what year vehicle and "WHERE" does it go.I said really!cCan't you just plug in the number?No.You have a manager,let me talk to him.Manager comes out of the back and says how can I help you.Again I say I need a Delco R43CTS spark plug.His response was what year model.I walked out and drove another 4-5 miles to O'reilly and was in and out in 5 minutes.Welcome to the new age of auto repair.From then on I only go to AutoZone for oil,paint,or something that's on the front shelves.So an outside salesman comes by and wants to set up a commercial account.My response,Your kidding right?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a 100% true story,no exaggeration what so ever.I was tuning a Chevy TBI truck,it was late in the day,and as luck would have it I cracked a plug.Dammit,oh well Autozone just a couple of blocks away,right.I go in and tell the counter guy I need an AC Delco R43CTS spark plug.His response was what year vehicle and "WHERE" does it go.I said really!cCan't you just plug in the number?No.You have a manager,let me talk to him.Manager comes out of the back and says how can I help you.Again I say I need a Delco R43CTS spark plug.His response was what year model.I walked out and drove another 4-5 miles to O'reilly and was in and out in 5 minutes.Welcome to the new age of auto repair.From then on I only go to AutoZone for oil,paint,or something that's on the front shelves.So an outside salesman comes by and wants to set up a commercial account.My response,Your kidding right?
That's great.....LMAO.......! anim_63

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this post is old but I have to comment anyway.

I work for AutoZone as a Territory manager for 8 years. I manage 23 locations and I do outside/commercial/business to business sales.

When I started for the company we used to have employees take online quizzes to test their parts knowledge. But with that the employee want to make more money and our stock was selling for around $100 a share. We got a new CEO, COO, and CFO now on the application it ask what is the least you are willing to accept as pay. and are you bilingual. So now the person who speaks English and Spanish and is willing to work for the least money is the first one to get an interview.

But on the other hand our stock is now $654 a share. SO the company makes billions of more dollars in profit by saving payroll. And that my friends is true Republican politics. fahne19

1 - 4 of 4 Posts