Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Bama are you lowering your truck...if so yes, you`ll also have to buy shorter shocks..depending on how low you go..

·
Registered
493 Posts
The factory front upper shock mounting arrangement is the weak link on these trucks. A cantilevered bolt using only the frame wall thickness. These brackets correct that by supporting the other end of the shock bolt.

Even if you aren't lowering your truck they are a great addition. The shock absorber technology of today loads shock mounts more than old technology shocks.

Hope that helps!

_______
John anim_25

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well said John,cant tell you how many frames we have patched in that area.Especially when using the Monroe Max shocks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies, started tearing into my front end tonight. Will be looking to add these, I am going to keep it stock but I noticed the top bolts were not super tight on the shocks to begin with. Seems like this would help support the load of the shock for sure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are the only place that has them, only others I have seen were custom built.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks 406Rich.

I saw that Eckler's also has 'em... how they are listed on their site(12/2015) :

Part #: 61-247546-1

Chevy Truck Shock Supports, Front, Upper, 1963-1972

----------

-W
Thank you Woogeroo, I always am looking for sources for parts!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts