Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously contemplating going to Ride Tech's stage 2 complete air ride suspension for my 69 GMC when i do the frame off.

I like the idea of also going to the 4 link suspension in the rear that is included in the kit, but i would like to hear the Pro's & Cons of the air bag suspension if any buddy has any info for me....

Thanks

Rick

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
SOMEBODY out there has to be running the air ride suspension.....ANYBODY ANYBODY??? anim_63

Rick

·
Registered
8 Posts
HI Rick,

I run bags, not Ride Tech's set up but my own. I have Firestone 2600 bags all around and I'm using 250lb air valves. P.T.C. (Push to connect) fittings with 1/2" hose and It's been a nightmare for me to keep them with no leaks. I run two Air ride compressors 380CFM I believe. I was thinking about the fittings you can get at Home Depot or Lowes in their Brass fittings Isle. They are going to be a tad more then regular Air ride stuff but they lock the hose into the fittings.

I have always thought The 4 link would work good with our years of truck but built a design that a friend gave me the idea about.

The Guys at Ride tech are a lot of help and will give you great information on Air ride in general not just their products. If you get it done let me know what you think.

Ron

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Rick I know of several guys running ride tech but they are not in this forum as of yet, they have had no issues that I'm aware of...!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys, but the air ride question was before i decided to leave the truck all original.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts