Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck is a 1964 c-10 short bed step side, dropped 3 inches front/rear. The wheels are 17 inch that Grandson has picked. Any ideas on sizes that might point us in the right direction will be appreciated.
Thanks, Max

·
Sheet Metal Junkie
1,128 Posts
Welcome Aboard Max sign0016 As Charlie mentioned, so many choices. :confused: I would look at lots of pictures the same year and see if they make note. I guess your somewhat limited height wise so narrow that down and you have the rim width so that should be easy. bowtieb Good luck and keep us posted ! ! bowtier

·
Registered
493 Posts
sign0016 Max.

1st post up a photo of your truck, that will help us to help you pick some suitable "rolling stock".

Also... 6 lug or 5 lug wheels?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wheels are 6 lug....rims have 8 in. width X 17 inch diameter.

Engine and trans are 2002 5.3 l chevy ls engine/automatic.

·
Registered
493 Posts
You are going to need custom backspacing wheels to get 8" wide wheels under a step side bed. What rear tire size are you thinking of using?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What recommendations.....

Kinda thought that was what this post was about......sizes to think about.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Wheels are 6 lug....rims have 8 in. width X 17 inch diameter....
You are going to need custom backspacing wheels to get 8" wide wheels under a step side bed. What rear tire size are you thinking of using?
Kinda thought that was what this post was about......sizes to think about.
:confused: Well Max, here is the deal: Since you already have the wheels you are going to use you will need to tell us the backspacing. Without knowing the backspacing we can't help you to determine what tire size will fit on your truck.

Need the data to do something like this...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry...

For the cranky post above. I've a crushed nerve in my back at present & am waiting for the doc to call me for fusion surgery. I've done everything on the 6 month trail up to surgery as of now....spinal injections, then pain management therapy, then cardiac stress test, etc. etc. I'm pretty much flat on my back, and as soon as I can, I'll get more info for you.

Also something to consider....Should I shoot for tire sizes to more closely match a 2002 pickup size or the original 63 size. Both trucks ran a 3.73 rear end.

I know this isn't enough info. Sorry for that. Trying to see what might fit under the fenders -or how much room is under there.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Cranky eh :confused: Just trying to help you pick a tire size that will work.

These trucks have been modified, used and abused. Some parts are stock, some aren't and most folks won't know which is which?

The best honest answer to your question is measure thrice and buy once.

The above sketch reflects actual dimensions on the rear of my '65 C10. I used the sketch to determined what backspacing was possible based on suspension interferences. Once I ended up selecting the wheels, using their actual backspacing, I determined the maximum tire width. But I widened the bed 4 inches, mini tubbed it and rolled the fender lip.

anim_25 with the back surgery and with getting the new rolling stock for your truck.

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts