Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so lets shorten up this long complicated story by saying I will probably soon be inheriting a truck that I know nothing about, no history of it.

So, I would like some input on your ideas of what it might be.

I have two pictures of it and not much information at all as I do not have the truck yet. I have been told it runs and needs minor work. To me it appears to be a late 80'S - 90'S model bed and some sort of cab sleeper on an older model (I'm thinking 60) truck.

However, it is a dually and I'm not sure if this was a thing in 1960 so it may be that someone swapped the 60 cab onto the newer model truck. Just wanted to see what you all think about it. The interior appeared to all be custom, I only got a quick glance at it.

I am new to C10's but pretty well knowledgeable about cars in general so working on it shouldn't be a problem if I can just figure out what this Frankenstein is. Thanks in advance for any help and I look forward to the project. I will keep you all informed of the progress.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Looks to be a 1961 C30 cab, ...chassis...? 1995 chevy bed with a custom cab sleeper..dually can`t tell from the pics...so not sure if its a `61 cab on a newer chassis or newer bed on a `61 chassis.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
C30, I think that's the problem I was having! I was looking for a C10, C30 makes so much more sense. Thanks for the help! Any one else have any other ideas?

Adam

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
The cab is in really nice shape...most would kill for it and the grille...!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The cab is in really nice shape...most would kill for it and the grille...!
I was told it was built in the 90's as a "show truck", the interior would back that claim up. It was definitely a custom interior that screamed 90's but was in pretty decent shape from the quick glance I took at it. I am hoping it is in fact the older model chassis with just the newer bed on it. I would love to swap the bed bag to an original and figure out a way to take the cab extender off it. From what I could see in the quick glance inside though, it appears they cut the back wall of the cab out and mated the two together.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I was told it was built in the 90's as a "show truck", the interior would back that claim up. It was definitely a custom interior that screamed 90's but was in pretty decent shape from the quick glance I took at it. I am hoping it is in fact the older model chassis with just the newer bed on it. I would love to swap the bed bag to an original and figure out a way to take the cab extender off it. From what I could see in the quick glance inside though, it appears they cut the back wall of the cab out and mated the two together.
If they did not butcher it to bad you could always get another big window cab and rebuild it that one...

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Looks to me to be something some one built to haul trailers cross country. I see a lot of this here in MI. as Elkhart is full of trailer factories. I'd bet it is a late frame with early cab.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The parking light inserts in the hood and the grill are 1960 but it's hard to say for sure what year it is because parts get swapped around so much over the years. I would love to have the grill and headlight eyebrows for my 60 C10! Looks like it will be a fun project! Good luck and have fun with it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts