Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know some will find this amusing. I sure as heck would I figured I would put what I had on here and start my build thread. Just a warning this thread wont go far and then its going to sit until I finish my kitchen remodel and my shop is built. Suppose to be getting my shop estimate today. :)

Here is the 69' short wheelbase I bought for the frame and bed. It came with a short narrow bed from another truck. Any other parts I can use I will strip.

Yeah its :eek:

And the long wheelbase one I bought for the cab and front clip.

I currently have a TH400 completely rebuilt and waiting.
I just got my shields in for it

The engine starting out is going to be a 468 BBC. The rotating assembly has already been balanced. All I need to start assembly is the rod and main bearings.
  • GM 9.8 deck block already completely machined and wrapped up.
  • Forged 4340 Steel, 4.000 in. Stroke Crankshaft
  • Forged pistons
  • Scat Pro Comp I-Beam Connecting Rods
  • Lunati 50204 Mechanical Roller cam
  • Roller lifters
  • Felpro Gaskets
  • GM 990 heads completely ported These should be getting started porting next week maybe. Suppose to be ready 2 weeks from the time he gets them. The machine shop is cutting them out for the 2.25 intakes first hopefully this week.
  • 2.25/1.88 Manley Race Flo valves
  • Comp Cams valve springs
  • Comp Cams stud girdles
  • 7/16" push rods
  • Roller rockers
    More stuff will go here as I remember all the stuff I have collected.

Induction will be injection provided by Enderle and Edelbrock Victor Ram 2-R mainifold.

Other parts I have:
- My converter but I need to send it in to be gone through and set up for this combination.
- SFI Flexplate came in the last week
- MSD Box
- large tube full length headers

If you are wondering, yes this will start out as more race than street but it will be street legal, registered inspected and the works. I may go to a large CFM carburetor(s) if I decide to do more street driving.

Current plans are out back a 9" on the stock trailing arms with some tweaks along with adjustable coil overs. Not tubbed but slightly narrower only to accommodate a 10" wide tire and look good. In front will be a 80s C10 front disc brake setup and pretty much cleaned rebuilt and painted.

I will complete this first one as I can get pics and remember all the stuff I have already stacked up all over the place. Feel free to comment.

I did the 67' one in my avatar back in the mid 90s just never finished the body. I regret selling it so this one will be done better and will be left for the family to try and figure out how to get rid of it. beer

Also I want to say my brother, also a new member here Hoppa, has been a huge part of me getting back into this. I feel I owe him a great big thank you for all the things he has done to help get me these trucks and accumulate the parts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome aboard. I`m new here too. Too bad we weren`t closer I`d trade you a kitchen install for some warmer weather (I`m a builder in Michigan, windchill 25 below today!) I`d say what you got going under the hood is gonna make that `69 dance! Cool stuff. Donnie

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome aboard. I`m new here too. Too bad we weren`t closer I`d trade you a kitchen install for some warmer weather (I`m a builder in Michigan, windchill 25 below today!) I`d say what you got going under the hood is gonna make that `69 dance! Cool stuff. Donnie
Oh man I would gladly share some weather for someone else to do the kitchen. I can do almost all the work I just dont enjoy doing it. Makes it hard to get motivated some times.

Welcome to the C10 Truck forum to you as well. beer

·
Registered
797 Posts
cool videos.Especially loked the Camaro with what appeared to be 2x4 tunnel ram.
Ran one of those on my mouse motor 552drht back in the day and man was it fun.Twin 660,s with 1to1 linkage,but gas was cheap and sometimes even free

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool videos.Especially loked the Camaro with what appeared to be 2x4 tunnel ram.
Ran one of those on my mouse motor 552drht back in the day and man was it fun.Twin 660,s with 1to1 linkage,but gas was cheap and sometimes even free
Sounds like a you had some cool stuff. Thanks for the comment. Oh that was Enderlle Stacks on the Camaro. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just took some quick picks of my GM 990 cylinder heads last weekend. They have just been cleaned up. One has been ported awhile back the other is virgin. Next the virgin head has to be cut for the 2.25 intake valves then off to be ported. These are going to be ported to match.
They are getting 2.25 Intake 1.88 exhaust Manley valves.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I was getting real close on my heads being completed. As you can see the porting looks great.

Here are the flow numbers I was quite happy with.

Now the bad news. As the machinist was assembling the heads he found where the head porter had went through on 2 exhaust ports. :eek: Anyway to make a long story short I no longer getting a set of 990 heads. We started over with a set of Gen 5 heads, casting number 14097088. I am still not completely sure I like the idea as I have read things that sort of have me :confused: if this is a decent idea. But I have been assured this a better head once completed than the 990s I had.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Ya that does hurt,but on the bright side the machinist caught it.Had the same thing on one of my small block heads and kept getting coolant in #7.I switched to vortecs.Muc better head.Good luck with the 088's,I'm sure they will be just fine.
David

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well yesterday I met a guy with a set of Brodix heads at my machinist. We decided they would work. So we are starting over and I will have a better finished product. Just so happened he had a short block they came off of and I got the Eagle stroker crank 4.250 and H beams 6.385 along with the 7 good & 1 bad JE pistons and a studded block in the deal. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This build was canceled due to life. I ended up selling it to a good friend since I gained the 66'. My brother and I inherited this 1966 Chevy from our father. Due to all our projects I took on the 66' and made it my toy hence the sell of my project in this thread.

Just felt like it needed a explanation / ending.

·
Registered
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
241 Posts
Is the big block in this truck now? Looking good..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts