Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a recommended air pressure for air ride suspension on a C10?

I want a comfortable ride without the truck rolling around on the corners.

I'm assuming that the front will be higher than the rear?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Is there a recommended air pressure for air ride suspension on a C10?

I want a comfortable ride without the truck rolling around on the corners.

I'm assuming that the front will be higher than the rear?
I`m guessing your talking about body roll, you`ll need a sway bar either aftermarket or an original C10 unit. They bolt on the front to control body roll on the cornering,... any unit from a C20 or C30 is best (1.25 inches in size the largest they offer ) you can buy larger units aftermarket but you really don`t need it...they bolt on the frame via brackets and tie the a-arms together creating a resistance to lean.
see link http://www.classicindustries.com/shop/1972/truck/parts/suspension/sway-bars/rear-sway-bars/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have purchased front and rear sway bars from Summit which I am going to install this weekend. We don't have C10's in our breakers yards (UK) :(

I am looking for advice on the optimum pressure(s) to have in the air bags, obviously too much is going to restrict the suspension travel and too little will have the truck bouncing around.

Rather than re-inventing the wheel I was hoping that somebody would be able to provide a ball part figure?

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Its going to be a matter of preference, tire pressure needs to be whatever the MFG recomends, bag pressure will be your preference while driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts