Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy a 1962 c10 long bed and I wanted to know what I should be looking for if there is an thing common or unusual... the guy said the only think ring with it is the surface rust on the botom of the Door panels and on top of the roof right next to the top of the door.... what do u guys recommend look for on the body and on in the engine mechanically

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I'm about to buy a 1962 c10 long bed and I wanted to know what I should be looking for if there is an thing common or unusual... the guy said the only think ring with it is the surface rust on the botom of the Door panels and on top of the roof right next to the top of the door.... what do u guys recommend look for on the body and on in the engine mechanically
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here..sign0016 Given the rust on the top at the rain gutter, if its just light surface rust not an issue, if its rusted thru ( pin holes ) and unless your handy with a welder and an experienced body man I would keep looking, the doors are common spot for rust as well as the rockers below the doors, the doglegs in the windshield post, the interior kick panels, the back cab corners...look carefully at these areas....good luck..

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
sign0016 to the forum as Rich said look carefully at the roof that is a major repair and so many things can go wrong. anim_25 keep us posted on your search

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here..sign0016 Given the rust on the top at the rain gutter, if its just light surface rust not an issue, if its rusted thru ( pin holes ) and unless your handy with a welder and an experienced body man I would keep looking, the doors are common spot for rust as well as the rockers below the doors, the doglegs in the windshield post, the interior kick panels, the back cab corners...look carefully at these areas....good luck..
anything to look for mechanically

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Well your buying a 55 year old truck. If it starts and STOPS your doing good. I would plan on going through the hole thing anyway for safety sake. You could look at the brake lines but they depend on where the truck is from, and probably should be replaced anyway. That roof is the one thing I'd look at unless your really good at body work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts