Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever took off all the mess on the firewall? I plan to have a electric heater in the Cab so I wont need the hoses from the engine or the radiator. Also I like to keep it old school with the windows down for A/C. I know once I unbolt it off the fire wall there will be big holes. Can I cover them up with just some type of metal? Also does anyone have links of someone doing it in a vid or pics. I don't like to go into it with out having an idea of how to do it. :D

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I don't know about videos maybe youtube.com ? I have done a lot of the delete stuff on cars I've built. When everything is gone I cut metal patches the same size as the holes weld them in grind them down. when done firewall looks like the holes were never there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The p/o of my 80 pretty much already deleted off all the A/C stuff, except the condensor, dryer and of course the box and some of the lines. Since I dont know what is what and what condition it was in I did some checking to see what it would cost to reinstall all of it. Yeah Right!!!
Once I added up the cost of all the parts I began thinking Im just be better off getting rid of whats left and retaining the heater. I have old school 3/60 A/C anyways (both windows and the slider open at 60 or faster lol).

Besides I dont really need it anyways just drains hp (25% I think) and fuel mileage, really want it though wifes truck and our car have it anyways.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Just a word of advice, you may want to put all that stuff you remove in a box and save it. You or some one else down the road will need it or want it.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts