Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!!!!

A friend of mine just bought his grandparents 7/89 Suburban that was down in Walnut Creek, and then brought it up to Truckee, now it will not idle.

Before he brought it over to me, he has replaced the fuel filter, T.P.S., M.A.P, & I.A.C. sensors, and it still will not idle. It will run great going down the road, and if you have hold the rpm's maybe above 1500 RMP's (no tack to verify) it runs very smooth.

I also removed the plug for the idle screw, and unless i crank it in to about 1500 rpm's it still will not run.

Any ideas?????

Rick

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Charlie it gets butt cold in Truckee, I think its about -7 right now.....anim_63

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
As far as your idle Rick, I know we had a `91 jeep cherokee that would not idle, it was FI, turned out to be a weak fuel pump....just throwing that out there...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply's guy....

and ya, it is a whopping -10 here at my house.... BBBRRRR

I also thought about the weak fuel pump, but you would think it would not run at high R.P.M.s like it does.....

I also heard a stuck E.G.R. valve will cause such a vacuum leak it will not idle...

·
Registered
800 Posts
Stuck egr or egr control solenoid,also gheck vacumn supply to map,I have seen the line and\or the throttle body get coked up causing to idle extremely rich.Same goes for the pvc.Coolant sensor will also affect idle,check the ground at the tstat,make sure and remove the stud and check for corrosion.I always relocate the ground to the cylinder head because of that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts