Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here put a '88-'9+ truck straight seat in their '60-'66 truck? If so, how's the fit and what did you have to modify?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bro..I picked up a seat from a 1990 and slapped into my 62. I drilled out the two front bolts holes to be able to align it up and then just marked the rear location with a punch and drilled out...let me see if I have some pics

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
I used `05 silverado buckets in mine fit like a glove...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd love to see some pics. Thanks for the replies.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Not mine but just like mine....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. I just want the straight bench seat in mine. I assume it would mount just the same as yours?!

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Yes it would, should nor be an issue...!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I put a 92 split bench seat in mine. Fit perfect. The 4 outside holes lined up with the 65 seat location. I also put an extra 1" spacer between the seat and the track. Gives me a touch better leg room

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm 6'3" so a little more leg room would be a bonus.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Here is my seat in my 62 that came from a 1990 Silverado. What I ended up doing is drilling out the two original bolt holes on the floor pan of the truck with a 1/2 drill bit. I then separated the seat from the frame and bolted it in place and marked the rear holes. Drilled them out and then put seat back together and bolted into place. I did use some 3x3 inch plates under the cab as washers.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That looks fantastic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts