Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 79 C-10 with a bench seat that I want to get rid of so that when my wife is driving I can still get some reasonable leg room.
Does anyone know of a later year truck that has a split seat with arm rest that is an easy or fairly easy swap?

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Most any will fit if anything the later ones will be a bit(few inches) narrower but you will have to trill 4 additional holes in the floor and reinforce them from underneath. I put 01s in my 93 .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chevy?

I am assuming when you say most any will fit and that you put 01's in yours you mean Chevy seats, but what style truck or doesn't it make a differance?

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I would take a ruler with me and see what I like then see if it sits. There is no set rule as to what will work. I'm going out today to see what I can find for my 72C10. There Is nothing saying it has to come from GM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
seat swap

88-98 seats came in many different designs. Find the one you like remove old mounting brackets and adapt (very easy, some are bolt on) to your stock frame. You will want spacers 1-2 inches under the front depending on what you like.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was thinking of replacing the bench in my '80 with 40/20/40 set from a 94-01 Dodge Ram, not much difference in length (Wife has an '01 Ram Sport so I had access to measure them). But since I found out Im gonna be a grandpa in October have to kinda rethink that since I might need a car seat (Due dates 6 days before my birthday, what a present :) )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts