Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys what type radio you put in your c10 one with shafts or can dash be modified for a din type radio

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
You can put a din style in but have to cut the dash, some leave the stock radio in place and mount the din in other locations to hide it, under seat or glove box. Mine was butchered by the previous owner, I cleaned up the cuts an installed a din..

·
Registered
794 Posts
On my 78 I initially installed a Craig Power Plow but when that crapped out I found it difficult to find a shaft style to replace it.So I went with a din style.Had to cut the dash and the instrument bezel to make it fit.When restoring the truck,I bought a new bezel and I just couldn't bring myself to cut it.So off to the salvage yard with tin snips in hand and cut out the the parts to weld in.The result was a completely factory looking style dash which was my main objective

·
Registered
48 Posts
all the good shaft radios are gone, Pioneer and Kenwood use to make one but no longer. the ones now are really poor quality. you can cut out for a Din and Metra makes a ABS trim panel. Another option is mount a Marine radio or controller in the location

1 - 11 of 11 Posts