Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1974 chevy cheyenne, its been sitting for a little over a year and ran when parked. The trucks lights would turn on but it wouldnt crank. Tested the battery and the battery was bad so tonight I went and got a new one. Even with the new battery its doing the same thing. Any ideas on what it would be would be helpful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 1974 chevy cheyenne, its been sitting for a little over a year and ran when parked. The trucks lights would turn on but it wouldnt crank. Tested the battery and the battery was bad so tonight I went and got a new one. Even with the new battery its doing the same thing. Any ideas on what it would be would be helpful.
Does the starter solenoid click when you turn the key to start?
If not try bridging between the main battery connection and the solenoid energising terminal (small terminal) on the solenoid ( there are two, you need the one closet to the engine block) if the starter turns over, you have a problem with ignition switch or inhibitor switch. Also check that you have clean battery terminals and that the engine to chassis earth is clean and tight.
Also make sure that the engine is not seized. See if you can manually turn it over by hand.
Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts