Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after I wrecked my prerunner 2005 tacoma with 35000 miles on it. a guy I know got kicked out of the army and needed 2 get rid of his 73 c10. it needed worked. but has a brand new th350 tranny and a 383 stroker. so I got it 4 about 600 cash bc he need the money. this is my 1st c10 build. me and my dad built my daily driver 91 suburban 4x4. so this truck will b my play truck/shop truck. I plan on painting the whole truck bed liner. so this is my build thread / finding answers 4 questions. this is the truck when I 1st got it

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
r this is the truck now. I need help with hooking up the stock coolant gauge and oil pressure gauge. the mechanical 1

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Most mechanical temp. gauges go into the thermostat housing. The oil pressure gauge mechanical or electric go just behind the distributor on the drivers side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya do u know a parts number or where 2 find the piece tht hooks up 2 the metal cable from oil gauge. 2 the fitting n the block. dude be me threw all of tht stuff away

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
I believe the hole in the block is taped for 1/8" pipe. You can go to hardware store and get a 1/8" pipe to 1/8 tubing. It really is not anything hard to do. Some times you use a short nipple and coupling to get it up higher to make it easy to work with.
anim_25

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so these r the updates pics of my c10 and pics of my 91 suburban. had it since high school. me and my dad built it. 355 tbi. and 4l60e tranny 4x4. just had engine and tranny rebuilt again. and tht my old drag car. we sold it 3 some guy n england. now we have 2 pro mod cars

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts