Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to take a little hiatus from working on the truck, now after getting back at it again I started taking the cab apart for repair and ran into a few issues, lets see what you guys think. I removed the front window and noticed rust in the corners, the one side in the pic is the worst but there is no hole that I can tell. I was just thinking of sand blasting all the rust that I could get and let it be, then I removed the rear and noticed a hole on each side. I also have to replace the floor pan, rockers and corners. I have an opportunity to get a cab all done and ready to go but I already have all the parts purchased to repair mine which is what I was going to do until I noticed those holes on the rear window and then someone told me once the rust on the front window gets inside the cab is toast. I haven't noticed a hole on the front yet but who knows what will happen after I clean it up. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
You`re there, being that far down its just a matter of blasting first, then cut out the rust holes so its squared up weld in a patch, grind the welds down. Besides most all will be under the rubber..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input, I believe that will be the way I will go after all I have invested in this cab.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, that will be good, unfortunately I am not a body person, the guy that is helping me is however, so I hope we can knock it out without too much trouble, we have the cab braced and ready to start cutting. We are going to remove the floor first, replace then the cab corners and outer rockers. I am thinking of shooting some rust reformer in the holes in the rear window before we patch up the rust holes, just to be on the safe side.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Your doing great...just take your time....and patience...16coffee

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I started another thread with the frame, I sand blasted it and got it all painted up and am not putting it back together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts