Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, heres a few photos of my pickup which is used everyday as my work vehicle.
this is as I bought it and fresh off the boat from America

and this is it now after a bare chassis rebuild doing everything my self except reupholstering the seat.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Great start, even for us hard to find one owner trucks...!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice looking truck, isn't that a 71-72 front end?
good spotting- the old fella was most apologetic about pranging it and wrecking the front sheet metal and the 292 i6 it originally came out with and replacing it with a 250 i6 and the later sheet metal.in my ignorance I didn't know but since I have found and rebuilt a 292 and also found the correct front grille and bumper so that will be a thread detailing the swap back.
I also am tempted to turbo the i6 - I been buying some bits !!!! fahne19

mark

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heres the 292 i6 as I bought it before rebuild .that's the old 250 i6 on the left.

and some goodies I picked up for it.

bowtiedb

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the 250 i6 that came in it went well for over a yr and then the harmonic balancer started to wobble on the crankshaft and there was no retaining bolt so rather then spend money fixing it , when I wanted to spend the money on the 292 and take my time building it ,I put a little 305 in using every thing off the i6 including the same engine mounting brackets, flywheel,etc.
a real easy swap.

as you can see its quite tight using the 6 cyl mounting holes but works ok.

fahne19

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I have no trouble with cooling and the later clutch fan and shroud work well.
I made my own brackets for power steering an alternator

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very cool

I bet a C10 Stepper turns heads over there!

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Took the time to read your thread Mark , curious as to the turbo setup when you get that far, also we all use the six cylinder engine mounts, ( lowers ) they are all the same, you could have moved the lower mounts to the forward holes in the crossmember ( about 1.5 inches ) that would moved the engine forward and have given you more room and less of an fan extension but would require lenghtening the drive shaft...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
been clocking up the miles in this little pickup and still loving every moment of it.drive it every day to work.
my daughter did some signwriting on the door for me for a xmas present.
changed my mind on the turbo as I found a neat little blower setup off an aussie 6cyl mtr.thats going to be my new year project getting that up an running. built an engine test stand to make sure its running properly before changing it over.
406Rich - I knew about the front holes but didn't want the hassle of the drveshaft modification.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Well that will boost the old six up a bit...! Nice Sharpmark...!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
some more progress on the 292.
finished assembling engine and fitted recond holley 350 (2-barrel) so I can run the new engine in.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

had to make an adapter plate to fit the two barrel holley, too the Clifford manifold. still need to trim out centre of manifold and tidy up the top of the bolts.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
and then i'll start making the headers an the supercharger manifold using the 10mm plates I had plasma cut.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Looking great, it must be tough there building cars....!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts