Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, new here,

so I just got my truck in the garage and tore it down to the frame, this is going to be a complete restore down to the nut and bolt. I have a lot of learning and questions so if anyone could help that would be appreciated.

so the first thing I'm looking into is the front disc conversion with the 2" drop spindle, ive seen them at brothers, lmc, and pol. and all of them say they will only fit the 1/2 ton truck , this is my first oldie truck so just trying to figure out what is the difference between the 1/2 and 3/4 ton and how to tell I guess? I have a 69 fleetside shortbed other than that I'm not sure of anything else other than I have a long road ahead. thanks

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
hello, new here,

so I just got my truck in the garage and tore it down to the frame, this is going to be a complete restore down to the nut and bolt. I have a lot of learning and questions so if anyone could help that would be appreciated.

so the first thing I'm looking into is the front disc conversion with the 2" drop spindle, ive seen them at brothers, lmc, and pol. and all of them say they will only fit the 1/2 ton truck , this is my first oldie truck so just trying to figure out what is the difference between the 1/2 and 3/4 ton and how to tell I guess? I have a 69 fleetside shortbed other than that I'm not sure of anything else other than I have a long road ahead. thanks
Welcome to the forum glad to have you here, sign0016 so you`ve jumped right on into it head first...anim_63
do you have five or six lug wheels or eight...?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the truck has 6 lug wheels on them now. I prefer to go with the 6 lug disc brake conversion with the 2" drop spindle but I have looked on ebay and the area where it asks if the item will fit the truck , I put in my info and it says not compatible ..........also I should let you know that I have a (gmc) not a bow tie sign0013sign0013bowtiedb o well I couldn't let it go for the price 600$ rolling chassie , any way is there some sort of difference that I don't know about between the gmc and Chevrolet way back when.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
the truck has 6 lug wheels on them now. I prefer to go with the 6 lug disc brake conversion with the 2" drop spindle but I have looked on ebay and the area where it asks if the item will fit the truck , I put in my info and it says not compatible ..........also I should let you know that I have a (gmc) not a bow tie sign0013sign0013bowtiedb o well I couldn't let it go for the price 600$ rolling chassie , any way is there some sort of difference that I don't know about between the gmc and Chevrolet way back when.
Go to Cpp link right here on the page....stay away from flebay, Cpp can set you up no problem....there isn`t any difference between GMC and chevrolet, or any that would matter in our case...mainly cosmetic... GMC used leave springs in the rear but then you still had the option of coils like chevrolet...6 lug wheels were standard c10/15 setup back then...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cpp was the company from ebay, that was selling the conversion, I called them and they really didn't answer the question I'm just wandering why or what is affected that it wouldn't fit on my truck

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Cpp was the company from ebay, that was selling the conversion, I called them and they really didn't answer the question I'm just wandering why or what is affected that it wouldn't fit on my truck
Did you tell them you had a C20...maybe that was the reason, C20`s had eight lug wheels...if there is a problem, ( I don`t see it ) you can always put any C10 chevy front suspension `73 to `87 , crossmember complete under yours, its a bolt up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure that it truly is a c20 I really don't have anything to go by this truck does not have a vin plate it was robbed before I bought it , cpp offers a 6 lug conversion for this truck and I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work so I'm going to go with that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts