Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 69 c10 step has inside roof with rust out in front by whindshield, not sure what is involed in replacing it, found replacement inside panel on line but need info how to go about the repairs. Replacement panel is about 1/3 of the roof
panel,

·
Registered
13 Posts
HI helenb I have a similar problem ,mine is rusted on the inside and outside , I think if you have the part and put it in place and scribe a line on the existing roof panel then carefully cut it with a cutting wheel or saw and grind the spot welds that hold the two lips together and butt weld the new piece in. there is also epoxy adhesive that can be used if you don't have a welder but you need to overlap the pieces for that .hope this helps I am still working out the details for mine ,I think getting the new piece to fit is half the battle and that is a awkward area to work on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for info, keep in touch as u go along, think i'll do some pictures, did not see this coming, already put up the headliner for lack of a better word. too far along with the beast to give up on it now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Panel bond

SEM makes a panel bond part # 39747 ,both pieces being joined need to be ground to bare metal also to minimize body work at the seam you can use a step down tool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts