Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum, just looking for ideas for my 68 fleetside. It was my Grandpas truck, he taught me drive in it and now it's mine. Blue spent her life in Iowa so I'm combatting a lot of rust induced cancer. I plan on keeping her close to original with a few minor appearance upgrades.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Eric. sign0016 to C10Trucks. There are plenty of us here on the same mission. If you need help we will be glad to offer advice. Whats the drive train? Engine? Trans?
Thanks for posting picture. Enjoy your stay

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's the original 250 straight six with a 4 speed not real sure on what rear end it has.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum Eric, to start keep the truck running and do small projects first, this way you won`t get sidetracked and the truck just sits and you loose interest in it, we will help in anyway possible, its great to see younger members here....! fahne19

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you. I have been nursing truck along for the last 10 years while Grandpa was still using it on the farm. I just recently talked him into retiring her. So now its time to get 30 years of farm chores and rust off of her and let her shine again.
Currently she does run and drive, but i need to replace the brake lines, wheel cyclinders, brake shoes and tires before I take her out on the road.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Took the bed off today. I purchased one off a 69 to replace it. I'm happy to say my worst fear thus far was put to sleep today....My frame is solid bowtiedb no cancer!!!!!!!!! But I did find a broken coil spring

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hey Eric... Is that a 9 ft bed on your truck? Looks looooong in that 1st photo.

Oh yeah, in my post above I forgot to say sign0016 to the forum, looking forward to following along as you rebuild your truck.

John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts