Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I have a friend that has bailed out of his 79 chevy project and we are now building his son a 67 for his first truck. We want to get the fuel tank out of the cab of the truck and have a brand new fuel tank for his 79. Has anyone swapped the tank out of a 79 to a 67? going to start tearing into this project this weekend and would like to see what other have done or have any advice.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Bug Bass sign0016 To C10 Truck. First off there is no real location for that tank under a 67 or any second generation. The only real good place to put a tank is in the rear between the frame rails. Your 79 tank is long and narrow. I did my 72 and I think I used a early suburban tank. You have to modify the frame a bit by relocating a crossmember near the rear. You will see what I mean when you remove the bed. anim_25 Any questions just ask

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I've been reading and looking at it and its def the most common and looked like the easiest. I just wanted to see if we could reuse the new tank he had already bought...

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here..! sign0016

1 - 5 of 5 Posts