Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here. And especially new to older vehicles. We are looking for a good project for myself and my son to work on. We found a 66 C10 fleetside SWB. They're asking $1,500obo. Everything is original on the truck. It does NOT run. Has the factory 283 V8. We will be doing most if not all the work ourselves. Not worried about the paint or making it look pretty. Just want it to run strong! Looking to see if this truck is worth the asking price and if not, what's something like this worth? Thanks so much for any information and tips you can provide us!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Smith30,

Can you post pics of the truck??? Just from your brief description SWB Fleetside trucks are commanding some pretty good money. Also, depending on the region. For example in California for a roller you're looking at $5K to $6K and that's primered with rust or some other issues.

Now here in Atlanta for a roller your looking at that same price, with engine like yours around $4,500 asking price.

Body and rust is the most expensive part of a project but if you and your son can do it right then its easy to get the parts.

Would like to see pics but that sounds like a great price to me for a SWB Fleetside

Good Luck and have fun

Tony

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here, the biggest issue where you reside is rust, they pretty much have most panels for replacement, biggest concern is rust around the cab upper windshield area and top of cab, if all is good there then its up to you...$1500 sounds very reasonable for it with out seeing pics...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts