Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've build/restored several cars in the past but this is my first truck build. I typically restomod my rides and that's the plan for my C10. Not sure if I can do it, but hope to have it on the road by the end of the year. Here's the build plan;

Engine: LS3
Trans: 6-spd auto
Suspension: 4/6 drop w/CPP C-Notch
Front brakes: Disk conversion
Rear brakes: stock drum
Wheels: 20"
Tires: 255/45 R20
Interior: Mostly stock, 2-tone cream/brown
Exterior: barn find patina (cream/rust)
Wiring: New chassis harness - undecided of manufacturer
A/C: Vintage Air (a MUST in AZ!)

I bought my truck on Craigslist in central CA and had it delivered to AZ. Anytime you buy anything sight-unseen it can be a gamble. It was cheap enough that it was worth the risk. Thankfully everything was exactly as described. I've only had it for a few weeks and have the rear suspension mostly torn down. As you can see from the pics below, I've already installed the C-notch kit from CPP. Top quality, I highly recommend them.

This weekend my goal is to install both front and rear suspension. We'll see how realistic my expectations are by the end of the weekend. This isn't my first rodeo but it is my first truck. Like any project, some things seem easier and others harder. We'll see how much I still love the idea of restomodding my C10 over the next few weeks. The ultimate plan is to make it my daily driver. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated as I begin my new adventure.

Not my truck but this is the patina I'm going for (not the slammed drop)...

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Great project Travis, I`ll be watching..nice truck to start with.....just kind of a heads up on the patina the fad is or has run out....!

·
Official C10 Trucks Sponsor
8 Posts
That is a nice project! I saw several nice ones here in Bowling Green this past weekend at the Goodguys event. There were a couple with the LS swap. There was even a couple of them on the auto cross track laying down some good times! I'll watch the progress, looks like the truck is in good hands.bowtier

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Build is on track... met my goal of installing front suspension & rear suspension, front & rear brakes, & fuel tank over the weekend. CPP makes a great kit and was fairly easy to install. There were a few challenges along the way, but in the end, it all worked out. As a bonus, my wheels/tires were delivered. Just for fun, I reinstalled the front clip to make sure I wasn't going to have any issues with the front tire stance and rubbing. It looked so bad-ass. Forgot to take a pic. Oh well, next time as I took the front clip off again to prepare for the engine install.

Next steps...
I purchased my LS3 6-spd auto trans this week with full custom wire harness, reprogramed PCM, & low profile oil pan. It should be a plug-n-play installation (famous last words). Engine will be delivered this weekend but have to paint the firewall first. Hoping to paint in the next few days but maybe not till the end of weekend. I also want to install all the new SS brake & fuel lines before the engine goes in. My goal is to fire up the engine by the end of the following weekend.

Last weekend build pics...

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Looks great Travis, your doing all the great mods...haven`t noticed plans on front sway bar, any 1.25 sway bars from any 70 to 87 c20 or 1 ton will bolt up from your local auto wrecker, just buy new rubbers for it....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts