Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have removed the heater core box cover, as can be seen in the photo. The core is exposed, but retained by a frame on the top of the box. I have removed all the screws I can see, but the frame will not come off. I can separate the frame from the top of the box in the front but not at the firewall. Is there a sealant that I need to overcome to get the frame off of the heater core box? Thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
There are two bolts from the inside of the cab that need removal, then the whole box will come loose...

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
No rose, just the top plate..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The frame is the part that is stuck, with no fasteners remaining. Is it sealed to the firewall with something like RTV to keep the dust out of the air flow? I would try a heat gun, but with temps in Minnesota still in the 30s, by the time I had the second side soft, the first side would have firmed up again.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
ok, understood, it was 89 here today....storm coming in by weeks end...16coffee

·
Registered
14 Posts
Heater box removal

The frame is the part that is stuck, with no fasteners remaining. Is it sealed to the firewall with something like RTV to keep the dust out of the air flow? I would try a heat gun, but with temps in Minnesota still in the 30s, by the time I had the second side soft, the first side would have firmed up again.
Look up my blog it has a lot of pictures of my restoration of my heater box and shows the mounting points how this beauty mounts to the truck. There are 2 nuts inside the can through the insulation that need to be removed for the rest of the unit to come off no seals , no RTV sealant and you must remove the heater cable from the heater control box to there's a bolt & clamp on the right side of the box. Oh our blog is named inspiredloveforcars.com check us out we have so much on there and so much more

1 - 11 of 11 Posts