Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at this point I have the 4" lowering springs installed along with the suggested shocks from "lakeroadster" & an adjustable trac bar. Very happy with the results. I took a gamble & cut 1 coil from the front springs & it lowered the front 2-1/2". I would have liked just a little more rake but I will wait until I get the front disc conversion kit on (still waiting for the brown truck to bring them). Meanwhile I reinstalled the old axles & wheels on the rear so a buddy of mine could borrow the Torq Thrust wheels to set up his brother`s `57 chevy truck which is getting a total makeover. Once I get the front brakes on & able to put all the correct wheels & tires on, I will check to see if I need more rake. Hopefully not.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Looks good Don, keep in mind that the disc brake kit will move your wheel center line out 3/4 of an inch per side. Note Don, you may want to keep your thread as a continuios thread, that makes it easier for someone else to follow, just keep adding into your old thread..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Rich, you`re right about the increase in width of the front end by adding disc brakes. When I converted to disc brakes on my Impala, I had to switch from 235/70/15 to 235/60/15 because of the added width. Still waiting for the disc brakes (backordered). Bummer! Thanks for the heads up on just continuing to post on the same thread. I`ve never posted on other forums I joined, I just read them, so I may need a little advice if there is a better way for me to do something. Donnie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.