Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my wife actually asked me to build her an old work truck so she could go to and from the feed store (she has chickens) and basically tool around. What she wanted and what I am providing for her are two entirely different animals.

My philosophy goes something like this..."might as well" which I am sure will resonate with many of you on this forum. Well I found a basic 65 C10 SWB in Ft Worth, the guy took me but it was my own fault. I got it home and started pulling things apart just to "check things out" as it were. Well my might as well philosophy began to kick in. I had the sheet metal off and figured heck, I might as well clean the frame.

Of course in order to do that I had to disassemble the whole thing and while I was there I might as well redo the suspension, lower it, install a new 6.0 LS, new automatic 4 speed, Dakota digital VHX gauges, classic stereo system, Vintage air A/C, cruise, tilt, power steering, brakes, black walnut bed, etc, etc, etc. You guys get it right?

So I am now 35K into a "work" truck and about a year away from finishing it. She hasn't asked yet how much this truck is costing because a) she is afraid of the amount and b) she knows I will tell her, but only if she asks.

I am not the best at documenting my builds but I have been taking some pics along the way. I would be happy to answer any questions as it pertains to my build. I have done everything myself, including all metal work, paint, electrical, suspension and so forth. These things are notoriously easy to work on as long as you keep them fairly original. Start adding PCM's, LS motors, all the other accouterments and the simplicity is suddenly a distant memory. Oh well, nothing is too good for my wifey. :) More images to follow in the coming weeks.

Sorry for the janked up images....I tried to rotate them but was not able.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Sweet looking truck, now she won`t want to haul chicken feed in it...this may have backfired on you....although she`ll undoubtedly love the truck...and welcome to the forum, glad to have you here...! sign0016

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Wingnut sign0016 To C10 Truck. We have all been there it's just your turn. Nice job you must really like chickens. anim_63

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome

Thank you for the welcome guys. Regarding my wife not wanting to haul any chicken feed, I am pondering that possibility but I have assured her, I built it once, I can repair anything she may do to it as a result of daily use. I am however confident she will treat it with great care.

The way I look at it is simple, why spend 50 - 70K on a new truck when I can build one just as nice (nicer IMO) and IT will hold its value unlike its 2017 brethren. I hope to shoot may cab this week or next and then set it on the frame. Once that is done, I should make some rapid progress. More photos to come of course.

As a side note how do I ensure proper photo placement i.e. top side up, etc? The photos I uploaded were positioned properly when I uploaded but once they hit the site, they were all goofed up.

thanks and look forward to sharing my build and getting ideas from you folks!

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Do Preview post. that will let you see if they are what you want if not go back to manage attachments delete what is wrong and do it again. Once you figure it out its fast and easy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Charlie,

How do I embed images into the main body of the message? I've seen other posts on here where they have nice large images just beneath their text. Mine are showing up as thumbnails and not really very good quality.

Thanks,

Ken

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Charlie,

How do I embed images into the main body of the message? I've seen other posts on here where they have nice large images just beneath their text. Mine are showing up as thumbnails and not really very good quality.

Thanks,

Ken
Ken those larger images are done thru a photo hosting site such as Flicker or image shack, photobucket.... stay away from photo bucket right now a they going thru a crises, they were a free hosting site but are now charging members to link their photos to a web site such as this, in essence holding your photos hostage...mine included...anim_63

·
Administrator
448 Posts
Just upload the photo to your member photo gallery , after it is uploaded, click on the photo to enlarge it, then just right click on the photo and cut and paste it to your article/post.

otis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts