Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this '65 C-10 longbed about 2 1/2 years ago after wanting a driver classic truck for about 20 years.
factory 283, automatic, big back window
I gave a thousand dollars for her running and driving the body is on the rough side but I figure a running and driving V8 big back window truck was worth it.

The truck was painted with white spray paint and gray industrial paint with the factory blue poking through. My kids and I wet sanded as much of that off to get back to the blue.

I have done cosmetic upgrades as I came across better factory parts I also added a pearl white top and stripes down the side.

shop truck lettering I did by hand (mostly)

next I fixed the rust in my floorboards with the POR15 floor & trunk pan restoration kit. I also painted the interior a combination of a flat version of the Ford Raptor Dune and PPG Starfire blue with 3 sizes of Lil Daddy Roth Bad Azz blue metal flake.

I also installed seats out of a 2001 Silverado after I lost a brake line getting off a Interstate exit with one of my kids with me. It was a scary ordeal we narrowly missed wrecking in to a cement wall before I was able to shut it down. I have shoulder belts without drilling in to the pillars.

Now that I have done this I am wanting to do all the proper body work and paint it white with a touch of purple metal flake. I'd like to get the seat recovered a purple tuck & roll. I have this C-10 my motorcycle to get me to work since my wife frowns on me taking her Expedition to work 19 miles away and leaving her and 4 kids home alone with out it. Therefore I wont be tearing it down and doing a frame off unless things change.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
my wife frowns on me taking her Expedition to work 19 miles away and leaving her and 4 kids home alone with out it. Therefore I wont be tearing it down and doing a frame off unless things change.
Hey been there 23 years ago,,,then I had six weeks to get it painted, engine, trans in aluminum bed and a few other sundries, now 23 years later after beating it to death its time to start over....LOL:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A customer of mine is painting a '64 longbed and the trucks owner doesn't want the moldings back on. He wants the holes welded up so I was able to get my hands on all the chrome I needed except for 1 fender bullet and both upper door strips Plus a couple of extra unneeded pieces that are in good shape for trade bait for things I do need

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
A customer of mine is painting a '64 longbed and the trucks owner doesn't want the moldings back on. He wants the holes welded up so I was able to get my hands on all the chrome I needed except for 1 fender bullet and both upper door strips Plus a couple of extra unneeded pieces that are in good shape for trade bait for things I do need
Cool, extra parts are always good...!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah now if I could just find an extra back glass, everybody says they have one and it turns out to be a small back window glass or the local glass shops don't want to cut it. something about the term "1965" scares people. I'm giving it a couple of more weeks and I am going to bite the bullet and buy a repop from china

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think my windshield was $135 also. Classic Chevy in OKC is half way between home and work they have them for $110 plus $29 for the weatherstrip. I'm holding out for a deal since hockey & birthday seasons are coming up in my house soon but I may just have to cave and buy a new one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts