Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 64 1-Ton. i have it set up so i can work in the field or just help my friends, i have a generator, gas powered air compressor, a 5k crane, and tools boxes full of stuff, i am in the process of changing over the complete front crossmember from an 81 1-ton, i am going to change the gears from 456 to 354 to 373's, the truck has a 350 that runs great, i have changed over to an edelbrock intake and 625 carb., i will be installing a 700R4, P/S P/B, A/C, modern stero Etc. i want this to be as close to a newer truck as i can get it.
i will post how the truck was when i got it and how it looks now.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
after i got the truck, i was on the hunt for the things i wanted to have on the truck so i hunted and found my crane, air compresor, and tool boxes, i also have all that i should need to convert the front end over to disk brakes, P/S and P/B, i hope to get started with the conversion soon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Looking great , have you considered putting an outrigger at the corner of the truck under the crane.

Otis :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Otis, Yes it will have them, if you look close at the back you will see the cross beam, i want this to be safe, i don't need to be getting myself or anyone else hurt.

Looking great , have you considered putting an outrigger at the corner of the truck under the crane.

Otis :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well yesterday i was able to get the other X-Member up i have one side bolted in i should finish it today, then i need to give it a brake and do some crap around the house, and give this old body some recovery time. i will take some pictures and get them loaded later.

have a good day.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i got the other crossmember in , the P/S box hung, and the idler arm in place and mounted, i had to drill a couple of holes for that and the steering box install, i also got new brake pads and front sway bar bushings that i will take care of next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i sure hope so, but it has been alot of work but fun, i enjoy this hobby, and tomorrow Barret Jackson

thanks for the kind words.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Henry, great to see you around here :) good progress, I really dig your 1 tonner. Crane Trucking Buddy from the other side of the globe beer

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey you ! great to hear from you, i hope all has been good with you, i have been busy on the truck, and on dec. 3rd i had my hip replaced , but recovery went well, so whats new with you.

Hi Henry, great to see you around here :) good progress, I really dig your 1 tonner. Crane Trucking Buddy from the other side of the globe beer

·
Registered
23 Posts
Everything is great exept the weather has been super cold for quite some time and it has slowed down my projects...this morning -29f...not fun!

On a brighter side. I bought "new" vintage COE project :) what do you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i think that is cool, whats your plan with it ? hey it's been cold here also like 30* in the morning, but today was nice, i was at Barett Jackson, and it was like 70* and there was some nice cars but the prices seemed to be lower this yr.

Everything is great exept the weather has been super cold for quite some time and it has slowed down my projects...this morning -29f...not fun!

On a brighter side. I bought "new" vintage COE project :) what do you think.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, 30f would be nice but we had minus 30f...lol.

My plans...paint it to its former glory with right colors...believe it or not, the correct colors are the same as in my ´56 ht ;) Orange/Cream beer

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
eeekk thats a tad bit to cold for me !! (car hauler, new crane project ??? hmm )
Yeah, 30f would be nice but we had minus 30f...lol.

My plans...paint it to its former glory with right colors...believe it or not, the correct colors are the same as in my ´56 ht ;) Orange/Cream beer

1 - 20 of 37 Posts