Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the ball joint end on a pitman arm supposed to move? Off the steering box to center drag link. Just in case I said it wrong lol. Thanks for the help.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Yes sir...!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pitman arm

Thats what I was thinking also. I bought 1 from oriellys and you couldnt move it. So they ordered me another one. Same thing. Then I ordered one from a place in Flordia and same thing. They said they have great quality control lol. Now Im stuck as what to do lol. Thanks for help.

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Thats what I was thinking also. I bought 1 from oriellys and you couldnt move it. So they ordered me another one. Same thing. Then I ordered one from a place in Flordia and same thing. They said they have great quality control lol. Now Im stuck as what to do lol. Thanks for help.
Cajun just because it dose`t move dosen`t mean its bad, it will be extremely hard to move it by hand if at all, they tend to move easily when worn....sorry if to have misled you...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pitman arm

Thank you sir. You didnt mislead me. I was brought up working on old stuff. Just been years ago lol. When shipping back and you get no refund for frieght it makes you do things you wouldnt normally do. So with that I placed pitman arm in a vice and used 5lbs mall to move it. NOPE. Then I put heat on it and used mall and still no good. Even though 2 came from 1 place and the other a different place they all had same part #. I spent another extra 30 bucks at NAPA and got 1 that worked right the first time. I know some times things are bad but it burns me up that the people you buy it from wont reimburse you frieght to send back.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know some times things are bad but it burns me up that the people you buy it from wont reimburse you frieght to send back.
To borrow from Star Trek Deep Space Nine..."The first rule of the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition - Once you have their money, never give it back"

Sadly, that is the way of many companies today...Good luck in your endeavors...I am starting mine on my '65 soon.

McGyver

·
Registered
800 Posts
What do you mean by "move".If you are talking side to side lateral ,then no.That will put play in steering,however they are designed to twist in the socket and new they will be pretty tight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts