Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting this thread instead of using my intro thread for progress tracking.

Backstory:
Already 3.5 projects deep, I wasn't really looking for another, much less a 60's truck. Sometimes the universe has other ideas. The building maintenance manager where I work had the truck sitting in his yard as an unintentional lawn ornament for the last few years due to family "issues". He reached the point where he just wanted it gone and was looking for someone to take it off his hands (and off his property). Already being known in the building for having some skill with a wrench, he asked if I wanted it (for a ridiculously reasonable price). Not one to say no to this kind of a deal, I called my FIL to see if his truck and trailer were available. As he is quite the automotive enabler, I was met with a "when and where?" response.

A few hours later, this 62 C10 was sitting at our house and another build to add to the list...

From the pieced together info I have so far, his stepson started a L6 to v8 swap and never got much further than getting the donor engine in. From what I can tell, it is a TBI 350 v8 mated to the original L6 3speed on the column transmission and 10-bolt rear end. There is some rust to address, but considering the truck is 60 years old, its not bad at all.

We are still figuring out which way to go with the truck, but it will definitely be a new experience compared to the other projects we have done so far.

·
Super Moderator
1964 C-10-383 stroker-12 bolt posi & 1977 shortbox- nasty 454- 12 bolt posi 3:73
937 Posts
Yank it out and throw in a th350 or 400. Automatic is way easier for a cruiser.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts