Chevy C10 Truck Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
I'm new here hope you can bear with me and answer some questions, want to lower her 3-4" already has a newer front end so drop spindles an I'm good,the rear has some P.O. welded brackets I'm not sure are in the right place. I am hoping to just do the ccp603 4hd springs with new shocks and be done,but reading i see I need to do some thing with the torque bar? not sure how to find the right geometry and also for the shock angle, any input would be greatly appreciated beer
Dave

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Hi Guys
I'm new here hope you can bear with me and answer some questions, want to lower her 3-4" already has a newer front end so drop spindles an I'm good,the rear has some P.O. welded brackets I'm not sure are in the right place. I am hoping to just do the ccp603 4hd springs with new shocks and be done,but reading i see I need to do some thing with the torque bar? not sure how to find the right geometry and also for the shock angle, any input would be greatly appreciated beer
Dave
Looks as if the rear axle pads have been cut loose from the axle...? If so replace them with new, you can buy them thru CPP or Classic truck parts, also you will need to relocate the shocks, most members use the No Limit shock relocates on the 60 to 62 trucks, but not sure why. Your rear axle looks to be from a `64 C10, if you look on the passenger axle tube, top of it will be a set of number/letters, you may have to reveal them with sand paper to read them, post them here we can tell you what axle assume you really have. when you get the axle pads we will address the rear axle pinion inclination, everything will need to assembled at ride height to set it right at 3 to 5 degrees down from the transmission angle...the ( torque bar) is actually the tracking bar keeps the rear axle centered in accordance to the frame, the rear mount on the right side of the axle is a dead giveaway as to the year of the axle. you may be able to use it ( not sure yet)...but there are other options...http://www.classicperform.com/tech_articles/C10-Solutions/C-10-Solutions.htm This answers the question on the panhard bar( tracking bar ) but still leaves the shock relocation open, unless you can add a crossmember across the top of the frame...welding skills.../ are we looking for bolt in Kits...?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, truck came with new axle pads,welding fab. not a problem. setting pinion angle shouldn't be either,panhard bar, keep the upper and lower mounts parallel? What should the shock angle be?
rear end #RHT W314 1 E
Thanks

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
Thanks, truck came with new axle pads,welding fab. not a problem. setting pinion angle shouldn't be either,panhard bar, keep the upper and lower mounts parallel? What should the shock angle be?
rear end #RHT W314 1 E
Thanks
Shock angle is your choice (preferably ) straight up, but closest to that as possible. This from Monroe shock site is what you have with angles.. On your rear axle code there should be another letter after the W...at least I hope there is..

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,966 Posts
That's all I can see Rich. I think it's a posi,spin a wheel the other side goes same way or am I backwards?
R=ratio, HT=3.55, W=plant warren Mich, 314=314 day of the year, 1=first shift, E=posi...
If it were me I would pull the cover and drain, clean, count teeth pinion and ring, divide pinion in ring to confirm ratio....sweet deal if its true....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts